Return to index
When you are lonely, it becomes harder and harder to make new friends and to form relationships. There are several ways to combat loneliness:
- Go outside. Don’t stay indoors on your computer or in front of your computer all day. Go outside and do something. It could be a hobby (you can form new hobbies). Go somewhere where there are people, and try to mix with them. This is easier if you find like-minded people who share hobbies/interests that you have, e.g. in a club or group for the thing that you want to do
- Do sports. Even if you’re not good at it, it can help. There are many types of sports you can do, e.g. karate (or other martial arts) as training/practise, where you are interacting with people, and you can form friendships that way
- Talk to people on the internet. When you’re at home, if you have no one around and no one that you can see, find a community on the internet for something that you’re interested in. You could also form your own community for a given topic or project, if you have the interest/skills for it (whatever it is).
- Get a pet. Pets (particularly dogs) can be a wonderful thing to help with loneliness and most dogs will love you unconditionally
- Watch lots of TV. TV (or any live media) can be useful as entertainment generally, as a distraction, and there are people in TV who you might be able to relate to. This is useful during those times where it is not possible to see anyone. You could also watch films/movies, etc
- Read a book. Reading is very good for loneliness, and reading is free in most countries (via public libraries)
- Basically do anything that you think will increase your contact with other human beings.
Markdown file for this page: https://trans.chat/loneliness.md
This HTML page was generated by untitled static site generator.